Sunday 19 April 2015

Be nice to Sephora cashiers


Oh Sunday you are the best. And this Sunday in particular was especially sweet. I had an extremely busy Friday and Saturday, where I literally did not stop all day or night, until the wee hours. So when Sunday rolled around, when I had the day off, I was very much looking forward to it. I had a few errands to run and one of them happened to be a stop at…. You guessed it. Sephora. I had received an email about a week ago informing me that they were surprising their VIB members by giving them 15% off their purchases this weekend. Of course I didn’t need anything, but when has that stopped me from venturing over there. You know, just to look. I actually surprised myself by how little I ended up choosing. Usually I have quite the “reputation” when it comes to sales. I literally said out loud to myself as I was parking my vehicle at the mall, “Well, let's go make it rain”.
Selfie Sunday
 I circled the store a few times, looking at every section, thinking there must be something new and cool I don’t have and that I want. TooFaced had their new Melted Metal Liquid Lipsticks out and I couldn’t wait to swatch them all. I ended up choosing the shade “Dream House”. Tarte had a new limited edition palette out and it was beautiful. Gorgeous neutral eyeshadows with two blushes and a bronzer. And it was a great price to boot. ($50).



Empower Flower Amazonian Clay Collector's Palette

 


Well, after making sure no stone was left unturned, I went to the checkout to pay for my purchases and was instantly saddened when my favourite blue-eyeshadowed boy wasn’t working. (See The Last Supper post for further details on this.) The girl who rang me through however, was awesome. She immediately complimented me on my lipstick, asking which one I was wearing and commenting on how pretty it was. Good old Wet N Wild, you never cease to amaze me. I told her I got it because of Kaitlyn Bristowe, which led to her telling me how much she loves her too, and about a friend of hers that used to work with her. We chatted about makeup and The Bachelor as I paid, and she gave me some amazing goodies in my bag. She generously gave me a Sephora brand makeup bag AND a gorgeous full sized Bite lipstick to try, both completely free. (Kaitlyn wears Bite as well). She was telling me about the Bite brand and about how it was started by a Canadian woman, which is definitely something I can get behind. It definitely pays to be friendly to staff members who work at makeup stores like Sephora or Shoppers since they are the ones who have access to all the fun stuff like gift with purchases and samples. I am thrilled about her generosity and I can’t wait to try the lipstick.


On another note, THANK YOU for reading my blog! I am blown away by the amount of “views” I have gotten, and I would love to hear from you! I have a spot on the top right hand side where you can email me. Thank you again for showing interest in my blog. I am having the time of my life with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment