Saturday 9 April 2016

When you wish upon a star....

The Sephora VIB Sale is this weekend and after a few weeks of utter chaos in my life, it was a welcome cause for celebration. Being a VIB Rouge member, I was treated to 15% off my purchases this weekend. Being a compulsive list maker as well, I put together a little "wish list" of some things I could justify getting. You know, because of the sale....    



Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Highlighting Palette



The Tarte Rainforest of the Sea collection is really quite interesting. Tarte is rapidly becoming one of my favourite makeup brands, as I alluded to earlier in the Primer Post, and their newly launched Rainforest of the Sea lives up to the hype. I actually ordered the eyeshadow palette from the collection about a month ago, and although I haven't actually busted it out yet, I am super thrilled with it. Beautiful neutral browns and taupes, all shimmery and gorgeous and begging to be played with. The above highlighting palette is just too beautiful. I have been all about highlighting and strobing lately, and I feel this could be a welcome addition to the roster. 





Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Highlighting brush





This is another piece from the new Tarte collection and definitely something I can justify getting. I've been using another Tarte brush from their Holiday 2015 brush set I purchased last year, but I'm not thrilled about it. I need an actual brush meant for highlighting and this one looks like it could do the trick. Plus.... 15% off. Need I say more? 



   


Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipsticks



When I discovered Too Faced would be launching a new Melted Liquid Lipstick, I immediately launched into 16 cartwheels around my house. The OG Melted Liquid Lipsticks have a foam tip applicator and go on the lips by squeezing it and applying directly from the tube. If I had any criticism of them.... they don't really make for a flawless application. So when I saw these new little babies I was pumped. I can't wait to try them and see how they compare to my beloved Stila.   




Sephora Favourites Give Me Some Nude Lip



I have long been a fan of any value set or palette. It is the greatest "bang for your buck" and the best way to try new things without spending a million dollars. This set intrigues me greatly, as the nude lip continues to dominate any and all lip trends. In this set you also get some really cool lip products and they are all in my OG favourite lip shade. And the price? Can't be beat at 30 bucks. That's price for just one of the lip products available in this charming little set. Just. So. Good.   


Sephora LashStash To Go


This is perhaps the greatest thing ever invented. Earlier this week, I was having a conversation with my friend Amanda where we were discussing all things makeup. The conversation lead to mascara sampler sets. They are a work of complete genius and I can't even talk about them without hyperventilating from pure excitement. Both of us would probably have flags made with pictures of these things on them, and mount them on our vehicles and homes to show our pride and devotion. Basically, a mascara sampler set is a box with several different brands of mascara inside them, all in deluxe sample sizes, and a gift certificate for a full-sized one of your choice after you've tried all of them and chose a favourite. I couldn't find a picture of the Sephora 2016 one yet, so the above photo is the one from last year. I bought it during the VIB Sale around this very same time a year ago. They are just complete perfection. You basically have mascara for almost a year, and pay $30. Excuse me while I respond to the Call To Prayer to the mascara sampler God.     




The rest of the items on my VIB sale wishlist aren't as exciting as the ones mentioned above. Just repurchases of some necessities like the Anastasia DipBrow pomade, the Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer and some other must-haves. Feel free to let me know what's on your WishList.     



  I'm always up for a few jealousy purchases or two....

No comments:

Post a Comment